Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Frictionary # 224

Here is another page taken from The Frictionary:

2146. Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV. (Ani DiFranco)

2147. The remedy for dirt is soap and water. The remedy for dying is living. (Chinese proverb)

2148. Snakes and ladders: the game of organized religions. (Yahia Lababidi)

2149. If youth knew, if age could. (Henri Estienne)

2150. Death is not the end. There remains the litigation over the estate. (Ambrose Bierce)

2151. Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow.
I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will - tomorrow. (Gloria Pitzer)

2152. Words are like money; there is nothing so useless, unless when in actual use. (Samuel Butler)

2153. Patience is the art of hoping. (Marquis de Vauvenargues)

2154. Show me a man with head held high and I'll show you a man who can't get used to bifocals. (?)

2155. A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name. (Evan Esar)

That's all for this edition. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Subscribe and receive this weekly blog in your in-box. Have a great week.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home