Sunday, March 13, 2005

More quotes

More quotes for "The Frictionary":

5. No news is good news. No journalist is even better. (Nicolas Bentley)

6. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. (Justine Vogt)

You have probably guessed that when there is a '?' in the ( ) I don't know who is the author of the quotation, but if you have that information, please let me know and I will make the correction.

7. A cow that won't give milk is called "hamburger" (Attributed to George Gobel)

8. I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up. (Tom Lehrer)

9. Economists are people who work with numbers but who don't have the personality to be accountants. (?)

10. Dishonest people believe in words rather than reality. (Hugh Prather)

11. Sex is a cactus growing in the desert of love. (Patrick Coppens)

12. Don't be irreplaceable; if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted. (?)

13. There is only one remedy for love: running away. (Jean Anouilh)

Some of the quotes come from French-speaking authors (like #13); the translation is provided by yours truly.

14. A cynic is a person searching for an honest man with a stolen lamp. (Edgar A. Shoaff)

15. Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I. (Frank Crow)

16. Taboos are like potato chips. People won't accept just one. (Marvin Harris)

17. Doesn't matter at what temperature the room is, it's always at room temperature. (Steven Wright)

Steven Wright is one of my favorite absurd author...

18. The marvellous thing about a joke with a double meaning is that it can only mean one thing. (Ronnie Barker)

19. Ignorance is the mother of admiration. (George Chapman)

20. Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny. (Frank Zappa)

That's all for now. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger Laur5341 said...

I really like your blog. It is fun to read and a good place to find quotes. Everyone is always asking me for quotes I like and now I have a place I can look some up :)

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Rejean said...

Thank you for the kind comment on one of the first editions of The Frictionary. I have been publishing this blog (every Sunday) for more than 5 years now.
By subscribing, you can receive it in your inbox every week. It's free.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home