Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Frictionary # 168

Here is another page from The Frictionary:

1586. No one rules if no one obeys. (TaoDo*)
* I was unable to find information on this author. If you can, please leave a comment.

1587. Camels and Christians receive their burdens kneeling. (Ambrose Bierce)

1588. A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him. (Ezra Pound)

1589. Luxury is not a pleasure but pleasure is a luxury. (Francis Picabia)

1590. I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect. (?)

1591. We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. (Benjamin Franklin)

1592. Why won't God heal amputees? (Marshall Brain)

1593. The time to relax is when you don't have time for it. (Sydney J. Harris)

1594. To understand is to love. (Victor Hugo)

1595. The nail that sticks up will be hammered down. (Japanese proverb)

That's all for this week. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Subscribe and receive this weekly blog in your in-box. Peace, please.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe TaoDo does not refer to an author, but to a series of proverbs found in Taoism.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home