Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Frictionary # 293

Here is another page taken from The Frictionary:

2846. To profess to be doing God's will is a form of megalomania. (Joseph Prescott)

2847. I am a daylight atheist. (Brendan F. Behan)

2848. God never built a church. (Alan P. Scott)

2849. Advice worth gold rarely yield money. (Jacques Sternberg)

2850. Some people have mental blocks, I have entire neighborhoods. (Tim Lane)

2851. Comparison, more than reality, makes men happy or wretched. (Thomas Fuller)

2852. In the kingdom of the one-eyed, seeing dogs are half-price. (François Parenteau)

2853. When did I realize I was God? I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. (Peter O'Toole)*
* The quote is most probably by Peter Barnes who wrote "The Ruling Class" (play & screenplay; in the movie, Peter O'toole utters the quip.)

2854. Procreation doesn't harm the environment; Man is biodegradable. (?)

2855. Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt. (Eric Sevareid)

That's all for this edition of The Frictionary. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Subscribe and receive this free weekly blog in your in-box. Have a great week!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home