Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Frictionary # 440

Here is another page taken from The Frictionary:

4316. Questions are never indiscreet.  Answers sometimes are. (Oscar Wilde)

4317. Wait for me on the other side of the year: you will meet me like a lightning flash stretched to the edge of autumn. (Octavio Paz)

4318. Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside of an advertising agency. (Raymond Chandler)

4319. Those who never retract themselves love themselves more than the truth. (Joseph Joubert)

4320. The paradox of zen is that you have to grasp and let go of now at the same moment.  Time is just a rail we hold on to going upstairs. (Coyote Sings)

4321. The Wedding March always reminds me of the music played when soldiers go into battle. (Heinrich Heine)

4322. Writing down verses, I got
a paper cut on my palm.
The cut extended my life line
by nearly one fourth.  (Vera Pavlova)

4323. The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell. (Zora Neale Hurston)

4324. I don't like heights.  That's why I stopped growing at fifth grade. (Billy Crystal)

4325. Joy is the feeling of grinning on the inside. (Melba Colgrove)

That's all for this edition of The Frictionary. Your comments and suggestions are welcome, but commercial links will be rejected. Subscribe and receive this free weekly blog in your in-box. Have a great week!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home