Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Frictionary # 1030

 Here is another page taken from The Frictionary:

9836. How can we expect another to keep our secret if we have been unable to keep it ourselves? (François de La Rochefoucauld)

9837. Hope is not a plan, but without it nothing else is a plan, either. (Robert Brault)

9838. My banker told me that in order to cover my deficit I would have to make sacrifices. I waver between a goat and a chicken. (Laetitia Castwa)

9839. Scratch a pessimist and you find often a defender of privilege. (William Beveridge)

9840. We are stars wrapped in skin. The light you are seeking has always been within. (Rumi)

9841. Never never get involved with someone who wants to change you. (Quentin Crisp)

9842. The enemy of difference is indifference. (Stéphane Laporte)

9843. Tears only ever serve the past. (Suzanne Palmer)

9844. If I erased the mistakes of my past/ I would erase the wisdom of my present. (?)

9845. Tattoos: Regrets written under the skin, it always hurts. (Hugo Dumas)

That's all for this edition of The Frictionary. Your comments and suggestions are welcome, but commercial links will be rejected. Subscribe and receive this free weekly blog in your in-box. Have a great week!


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home