Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Frictionary # 92

Here is another page from The Frictionary:

826. Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it. (E.B. White)

827. An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. (H.L. Mencken)

828. People will accept your idea much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first. (David H. Comins)

829. What is amazing with idiots is that they're almost all above average. (Noctuel*)
* A French writer whose real name is Benjamin Subac.

830. Ignorance is not when you don't know something but when somebody notices it. (?)

831. Proudness and stupidity are made of the same wood. (German proverb)

832. The more you want to rise, the more you have to keep your feet on the ground. Every tree will tell you so. (Michel Tournier)

833. Never eat anything whose listed ingredients cover more than one-third of the package. (Joseph Leonard)

834. Legend: a lie that has attained the dignity of age. (L.J. Peter)

835. If called by a panther
Don't anther. (Ogden Nash)

That's all for this week. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Free subscription available (see column on the right). Have a great week.

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

 
At 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up dude

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Rejean said...

Hi Anonymous!

 
At 3:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Rejean said...

Sorry, can't help you here. Maybe a reader of this blog could???

 
At 2:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am happy to convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to don't forget this website and give it a glance regularly.
[url=http://www.thenewsliteracyproject.org/member/65073/ ]pink ribbon merchandise[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home